- MSc in Condensed Matter Physics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. April-2017.
- M.Phil in Condensed Matter Physics, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh. June-2010.
- MSc in Physics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. September-2007.
- BSc Honors in Physics, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh. June-2005.
Awards and Scholarships:
- Saskatchewan Innovation and opportunity scholarship-2017
- Monbukagakusho Scholarship-2014, Government of Japan.
- Faculty Scholarship (20000BDT) from Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Faculty of Science Scholarship (4000BDT) from University of Dhaka. Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Phosphor converted light-emitting diodes (pcLEDs) stand to significantly reduce global energy consumption, and to soon dominate the lighting market. The discovery of the nitridoaluminate Sr[LiAl3N4]:Eu2+ (SLA) stirred unprecedented interest in the luminescent materials community. With its efficient, narrow emission band in the red spectral region, it quickly became a benchmark phosphor material. At the same time, luminescent materials with similar crystal structures have been synthesized, which do not show the same exceptional properties, emphasizing the need for a deeper understanding of phosphor structure-property relationships. Although empirical methods exist for predicting phosphor properties the fundamental problem remains: that direct measurements or calculations of key phosphor properties are generally not possible. Direct measurements are critical, due to the fact that the bands and participating electron levels are very sensitive to the phosphor host material. Consequently, such measurements are essential for the understanding-based design of better phosphors. This problem was recently solved by our group and for the first time, all relevant energy levels were accurately measured with respect to each other. This promises to be a major milestone on the way to an understanding-oriented design of improved phosphhors. I plan to calculate the new narrow band phosphors that will result from our improvement suggested from our methods.
1. Mohammad Riazuddin Molla, A. Z. Ziauddin Ahmed, Horipada Sarker, M. R. Amin, G. M. Bhuiyan, L. E. Gonzalez, and D. J. Gonzalez, “Static and dynamic properties of some liquid transition metals: an orbital free molecular dynamic study”, J. Non-Crys. Solids, (406 (2014) 45-53).
2. M. R. Amin, R.C. Gosh, and G. M. Bhuiyan, “Surface Tension of liquid Transition and Noble metals”, J. Non-Crys. Solids, (380 (2013) 42-47).
3. R. C. Gosh, M. R. Amin, and G. M. Bhuiyan, “Atomic Transport Properties of Liquid Transition Metals using Scaling law”, J. Mol. Liq., (188 (2013) 148-154).
4. A. K. M. Akther Hossain, M. R. Amin, and Hidekazu Tanaka, “Increase in initial permeability due to substitution of high spin cations in nanocrystalline Ni-Mg ferrites”, J. Mag. Mag.Mater., (334 (2013) 124-129).
5. R. C. Gosh, M. R. Amin, A. Z. Ziauddin Ahmed, Ishtiaque M. Syed, and G. M. Bhuiyan, “Calculation of surface entropy of liquid transition and noble metals”, App. Sur. Sci., (258 (2012) 5527-5532).
6. M. R. Shah, M. R. Amin, and A. K. M. Akther Hossain, “Effect of Nd substitution on the microstructural and dielectric properties of polycrystalline Ca(Ti0.5Fe0.5)O3”, Dhaka Univ.J. Sci., (61(1) (2013), 125-129).
7. M. R. Amin, M. J. Alam, and A. K. M. Akther Hossain, “Physical, structural and magnetic properties of magnetite obtained from Coxs Bazar beach sand”, Bang. J. Phys., (Vol. 9 and10, (2010-2011), 1-6.
Proceedings and Conferences:
1. Md. Abul Kalam, M. R. Amin, A. Z. Ziauddin Ahmed, G. M. Bhuiyan, “Atomic Transport Properties of In0.5Bi0.5 Alloys at Different Thermodynamic State”,1-2 December, 2014; 4th International Symposium, Shizuoka University, Japan.
2. Utpal Biswas, M. R. Amin, A. Z. Ziauddin Ahmed, and G. M. Bhuiyan, “Entropy of Mixing of InxBi1−x Liquid Binary Alloys”, 4th February 2013, Book of Abstracts on the International Bose Conference-2013, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
3. R. C. Gosh, M. R. Amin, A. Z. Ziauddin Ahmed, and G. M. Bhuiyan, “Application of Hard Sphere (HS) Model to Investigate the Surface Properties of Liquid Transition Metals”, Book of Abstracts on International Conference on Physics of Today, BPS, 10-11February, 2011, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
4. M. R. Amin, and A. K. M. Akther Hossain, “The effect of Mn substitution in the magnetic properties of Ni−Mg ferrites”, Book of Abstracts on the International Conference of Recent Advanced in Physics (RAP), 27- 29 March 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
5. M. R. Amin, M. J. Alam, and A. K. M. Akther Hossain, Magnetic properties of magnetite obtained from Coxs Bazar beach sand, Book of Abstracts of International Conference on Magnetism and Advanced Materials (ICMAM), P 35, 3-7 March 2010, Dhaka, Bangladesh.