Cannabinoid Research Intiative of Saskatchewan - CRIS
Research collective based at U of Sask. aiming to answer cannabis q's Interview. CBC News Sept 6, 2018.
Medical Marijuana Studies / Laprairie lab
- The science of medical marijuana. New research chair in drug discovery and development in College of Pharmacy and Nutrition. On Campus News 2017; vol25(6): p4.
Cannabidiol in Children With Refractory Epileptic Encephalopathy (CARE-E)
This study assesses the safety and tolerability of a cannabidiol-enriched cannabis herbal extract in a small group of children with refractory epileptic encephalopathy. The trial has Health Canada approval and is enrolling patients in Saskatoon, Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton, and Vancouver.
- Dr. Richard Huntsman, CRIS: FDA approves first marijuana derived drug to treeat epilepsy. Global News July 2, 2018.
- Cannabidiol reduces seizures in kids with severe form of epilepsy, trial shows. CBC News May 24, 2017
- Canadian researchers to study cannabis oil to treat kids’ epilepsy. CTV News March 11, 2017
- U of S study looks at using cannabis oil to treat children with epilepsy Global News Feb 7, 2017
- Researchers studying usage, safety of cannabis oil for children with epilepsy CBC News Feb 2, 2017
- University of Alberta part of study treating epileptic children with cannabis Edmonton Sun Feb 1, 2017
- These are desperate parents': Can cannabis really treat epilepsy? Saskatoon Star Phoenix Feb 1, 2017