- Ergonomics in agriculture, heavy industries, and service industries
- Exposure assessment and sampling strategies for biomechanical risk factors like awkward posture, vibration, and manual handling
- Intervention evaluation in occupational settings
- Surveillance and prevention of musculoskeletal disorders
- Faculty, Ergonomics Division, KTH Royal Institute of Technology
- Adjunct Faculty, University of Saskatchewan Department of Medicine
- Canada Research Chair in Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Health (Tier II, 2012-2020)
- Professor, Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture (2011-2020)
- Associate Member, Department of Community Health and Epidemiology
- Associate Member, School of Rehabilitation Science
- President, Canadian Association for Research in Work and Health (2016-2018)
Dr. Trask led the commissioning of the Ergonomics Lab during her time at the Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture. She is now a full-time faculty member in the Division of Ergonomics at KTH Royal Institute of Technology and contributes to USask as an Adjunct Faculty member.
For a full list of Dr. Trask's publications, please check out her Google Scholar profile.
Interview in newspaper article by Tavia Grant, Globe and Mail. Statistics Canada looks to close data gap on workplace deaths, injuries November 5, 2017
- Interview in newspaper article by Alexis Keinlen, Alberta Farmer Express. New technology brings new risks to the farm, say experts. October 25, 2017
Interview in newspaper article by Federica Gianelli, Saskatoon Star-Phoenix (Saskatoon City Newspaper) Young Innovators: Vibrations can be bad for farmers' backs. June 16, 2017. Trainee Xiaoke Zeng was also interviewed
Interview in trade magazine article by Joy Gregory, Farm forum magazine, When Farming hurts. Article on farmers with back pain
Research profile in Prairie Swine Centre Web Newsletter, How do you decide if a new technology is going to have a net benefit to your business? March 2017
Video of Keynote lecture, It hurts when I do this: Musculoskeletal disorders in veterinary medicine. Conference of the Western Canadian Association of Bovine Practitioners, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada January 19-21 2017
Interview in trade magazine article by Lorne McClinton, The Furrow John Deere Tractor Magazine, Healthy farmer 2016.
Video of FarmGate agricultural news program segment on intervention research for back pain in farmers. October 29, 2016.
- Video of FarmGate agricultural news program segment on Grand Opening of the Ergonomics Lab at the University of Saskatchewan. May 2016. (Interview starts at 6:38 on the video)
- Content Consultant, Back Safety Brochure produced by the Agricultural Health and Safety Network. 12pp. 2014.
- Video of CBC Saskatoon Evening News segment on Farm Machinery Safety. July 25 2014.
- Video of FarmGate agricultural news program segment on musculoskeletal risk factors in farmers. July 5 2014.
- Research profile in Research for Health, the Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation Annual Magazine. Strengthening the Backbone of the Province. 2014
- Interview in newspaper article by Jonathan Charlton (2014) Farmers a special case in back pain, study finds Saskatoon Star Phoenix. February 2014.
- Interview in newspaper article by Ray Baynton (2014) Many Farmers have Chronic Back Pain Blackburn News.com February 14, 2014)
- Letter to the Editor in newspaper by Trask, C. Koehncke, N. Normalizing Dangerous Practices Western Producer May 29, 2014
- Interview in article by Neil Billinger Study looks at preventing farm injuries. Farm Credit Canada Newsletter, March 22, 2013.
- Interview in newspaper article by Diane Rogers Farm Work Spurs Health Research. Western Producer, April 11, 2013.
- Video of Research profile by Bob Simpson for Farmgate, agricultural news program segment. Aired March 24, 2013 10:00-11:00.
- Video of interview on CTV Morning Live, Live television interview for Saskatoon’s morning news show. Aired March 15, 2013 08:00-08:20.
- Audio of radio interview by Bruce Cochrane Injury Prevention in Pig Barns. FarmScape, Radio Show. 2013.
- Interview in newspaper article by William DeKay (2012) Worker injuries bite into pork production profits. Western Producer, November 29, 2012.