- Neuroimaging (functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging, fMRI; Diffusion Tensor Imaging, DTI)
- Mental chronometry and modelling (reaction time, response duration, accuracy)
- Connecting the former to the latter (i.e., the brain to the mind) in language, semantic, attention, memory and object processing networks
- Ventral and dorsal visual processing streams
- Embodied cognition (sensorimotor-semantic processing involved in language)
- Reading systems
- Localization of these networks in pre-neurosurgical planning
Below is a video of a Diffusion Tensor Imaging (DTI) map showing white matter tracts (glial cells and myelinated axons) that transmit signals between brain regions. Our lab uses both fMRI and DTI techniques in basic research and neurosurgical assessment "from bench to bedside and back again".