- Acadia University
B.Sc. H. Physics (2008)
- Dalhousie University
M.Sc. Physics (2011)
- University of Saskatchewan
Ph.D. Physics (Started Sept. 2013)
I am currently studying nitridosilicates, which are a class of materials that have a number of interesting physical properties, including good thermal conductivity and high strength and hardness. They are also of interest in lighting applications owing to their high efficiency in phosphor-conversion based LEDs. The goal is to characterize the electronic structure of these materials so that we may develop materials with tunable band gaps. Since the physical properties of a material are determined by the electronic structure, its characterization can lead to predictions about the properties of similar materials, such as their hardness, which has been correlated with the band gap.
- NSERC CGS M2
- NSERC CGS D2
- Luminescence of an Oxonitridoberyllate: A Study of Narrow-Band Cyan-Emitting Sr[Be6ON4]:Eu2+
Philipp Strobel, Tristan de Boer, Volker Weiler, Peter J. Schmidt, Alexander Moewes, and Wolfgang Schnick
Chemistry of Materials Article ASAP, DOI: 10.1021/acs.chemmater.8b01256
- Tuning Electronic Structure of Graphene through Nitrogen doping: Experiment and Theory
N. Ketabi, T. de Boer, M. Karakay, J. Zhu, A. Podila, A.M. Rao, E.Z. Kurmaev, and A. Moewes, RSC Advances 6, 56721-56727 (2016).
- Band Gap and electronic structure of cubic, rhombohedral, and orthorhombic In2O3 polymorphs: Experiment and theory
T. de Boer, M.F. Bekheet, A. Gurlo, R. Riedel, and A. Moewes, Phys. Rev. B 93, 155205 (2016).
- Band Gap and Electronic Structure of MgSiN2 Determined Using soft X-ray Spectroscopy
T. de Boer, T.D. Boyko, C. Braun, W. Schnick, and A. Moewes, physica status solidi – Rapid Research Letters 9 (4), 250-254 (2015).
- Observation of a Blue Shift in the Optical Response at the Fundamental Band Gap in GaMnAsO2
T. de Boer , A. Gamouras, S. March, V. Novak and K. Hall, Physical Review B, (85), 033202 (2012).
- Measurement of Coherence Decay in GaMnAs Using Femtosecond Four-wave MixingWebber, D.,
de Boer T., Yildirim, M., March, S., Mathew, R., Gamouras, A., et al. J. Vis. Exp., (82), e51094 (2013).