- University of Saskatchewan
Ph.D. Physics (Started Sept. 2013)
- Dalhousie University
M.Sc. Physics (2011)
- Acadia University
B.Sc. H. Physics (2008)
I am currently studying several novel semiconductor systems using various synchrotron-based techniques, including X-ray absorption and emission spectroscopy. Recently, this has included materials used in phosphor-conversion based LEDs, transition and post-transition metal oxides and semiconductor nitride systems. This work has lead to the development of new capabilities, including a technique to measure depth profiles of defects in semiconductors via X-ray excited optical luminescence. [Abstract] This work has been featured by the Canadian Light Source.
- 1st place in student poster competition at the 19th Canadian Semiconductor Science and Technology Conference (2019) [Link, Abstract]
- NSERC CGS D2
- NSERC CGS M2
- Direct evidence of charge transfer upon anion intercalation in graphite cathodes through new electronic states: An experimental and theoretical study of Hexafluorophosphate
T. de Boer, J.G. Lapping, J.A. Read, T.T. Fister, M. Balasubramanian, J. Cabana, and A. Moewes, Chem. Mater. ASAP doi:10.1021/acs.chemmater.9b05078 (2020).
- Origin and Control of Room Temperature Ferromagnetism in Co,Zn-doped SnO2: Oxygen Vacancies and their Local Environment
J. Ho, T. de Boer, P.M. Braun, B. Leedahl, M. Dhamodaran, M. Ramaswamy, and A. Moewes, J. Mater. Chem. C Just Accepted doi:10.1039/C9TC06830A (2020).
- Oxygen Vacancy Induced Structural Distortions in Black Titania‐A Unique Approach using Soft X‐Ray EXAFS at the O K‐Edge
- Bandgap and Electronic Structure Determination of Oxygen-Containing Ammonothermal InN: Experiment and Theory
M. R. Amin, T. de Boer, P. Becker, J. Hertrampf, R. Niewa, and A. Moewes
J. Phys. Chem. C 123, 8943-8950 (2019).
- Luminescence of an Oxonitridoberyllate: A Study of Narrow-Band Cyan-Emitting Sr[Be6ON4]:Eu2+
P. Strobel, T. de Boer, V. Weiler, P. J. Schmidt, A. Moewes, and W. Schnick
Chem. Mater., 30 (9), 3122–3130 (2018).
- Tuning Electronic Structure of Graphene through Nitrogen doping: Experiment and Theory
N. Ketabi, T. de Boer, M. Karakay, J. Zhu, A. Podila, A.M. Rao, E.Z. Kurmaev, and A. Moewes, RSC Adv.,6, 56721-56727 (2016).
- Band Gap and electronic structure of cubic, rhombohedral, and orthorhombic In2O3 polymorphs: Experiment and theory
T. de Boer, M.F. Bekheet, A. Gurlo, R. Riedel, and A. Moewes, Phys. Rev. B 93, 155205 (2016).
- Band Gap and Electronic Structure of MgSiN2 Determined Using soft X-ray Spectroscopy
T. de Boer, T.D. Boyko, C. Braun, W. Schnick, and A. Moewes, Phys. Status Solidi Rapid Res. Lett. 9 (4), 250-254 (2015).
- Observation of a Blue Shift in the Optical Response at the Fundamental Band Gap in GaMnAs
T. de Boer, A. Gamouras, S. March, V. Novak and K. Hall, Phys. Rev. B, (85), 033202 (2012).
- Measurement of Coherence Decay in GaMnAs Using Femtosecond Four-wave Mixing
D. Webber, T. de Boer, M. Yildirim, S. March, R. Mathew, A. Gamouras, and K.C. Hall J. Vis. Exp., (82), e51094 (2013).