- University of British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia.
B.Sc. in Physics
- University of Saskatchewan
M.Sc. in Physics
- Staff at the Canadian Light Source
- Electronic structure of Mn-doped Pentacene
I'm trying to understand the inner workings of organic electronic materials by using various methods and tools currently available. So far this has involved using synchrotrons for X-ray absorption and emission (XAS and XES) spectroscopy, and doing some electronic structure modeling using computational methods. The materials that I have looked at so far are Alq3, rubrene, and pentacene. The picture shows a rendered drawing of one of the polymorphs of pentacene.
Some of the possible practical benefits of using organic materials in electronic applications are - reduced power consumption, ease of manufacturing, and quantum computation. If you're interested in some more reading material check out quantiki.org.
The picture above was generated using Accelrys DS Visualizer (a free program) to create the crystal structure and rendered with POV-Ray (also free).
- 1. Probing Interfacial characteristics of rubrene/pentacene and pentacene/rubrene bilayers with soft X-ray spectroscopy J.H. Seo, T.M. Pedersen, G.S. Chang, S.W. Cho, K.-H. Yoo, S.J. Cho, A. Moewes, and C.N. Whang, J. Phys. Chem. B 111, 9513 – 9518 (2007).
- 2. Effect of Co and O defects on the magnetism in Co-doped ZnO: Experiment and Theory G.S. Chang, E.Z. Kurmaev, D.W. Boukhvalov, L.D. Finkelstein, S. Colis, T.M. Pedersen, A. Moewes, and A. Dinia, Phys. Rev. B 75, 195215-1-7 (2007).
- 3. Local electronic structure of Mn dopants in ZnO probed by resonant inelastic scattering G.S. Chang, E.Z. Kurmaev, S.W. Jung, H.-J. Kim, G.-C. Yi, S.-I. Lee, M.V. Yablonskikh, T.M. Pedersen, A. Moewes, and L.D. Finkelstein, J. Phys.: Cond. Mat. 19, 276210-1-8 (2007).
- 4. Post-annealing effect on the electronic structure of Mn atoms in Ga1-xMnxAs probed by resonant inelastic x-ray scattering G. S. Chang, E. Z. Kurmaev, L.D. Finkelstein, H.K. Choi, W.O. Lee, Y.D. Park, T. Pedersen, A. Moewes, J. Phys.: Cond. Mat. 19, 076215-1-6 (2007).
- 5. Buffer layer effect on the structural and electrical properties of rubrene-based organic thin-film transistors J.H. Seo, D.S. Park, S.W. Cho, C.Y. Kim, W.C. Jang, C.N. Whang, K.-H. Yoo, G.S. Chang, T. Pedersen, A. Moewes, K.H. Chae, S. J. Cho, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 163505-1-3 (2006).