I have a strong interest in using chemistry to solve pressing issues in animal and human health. My lab works towards making new molecular imaging and radionuclide therapy drugs that can be used to improve the detection, staging, and treatment of a variety of diseases such as cancer and severe bacterial infections. Radiochemistry is an exciting and powerful field of study, and I’m thrilled to be working at the University of Saskatchewan (USask) with the Sylvia Fedoruk Canadian Centre for Nuclear Innovation and their Saskatchewan Centre for Cyclotron Sciences (SCCS), as well as the Canadian Light Source (CLS) and many other fantastic resources on campus. I started my lab at the USask in the Chemistry department (College of Arts and Sciences) in the summer of 2016, and have been awarded the position of Canada Research Chair in Radiochemistry (Tier-2, renewed until 2026). I was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in July 2022.
- Associate Professor of Chemistry, Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Radiochemistry, the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, 07/2022 - present.
- Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Radiochemistry, the University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada, 07/2016 - 2022.
- Postdoctoral Fellow (Research Scholar): Radiochemistry, ligand design and synthesis, and Cancer research. With Dr. Jason S. Lewis at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, United States, 07/2014 – 06/2016.
- Doctorate in Chemistry (Ph.D.): Bioinorganic and Medicinal Chemistry with a focus on Radiochemistry. With Dr. Chris Orvig at the University of British Columbia, and Dr. Michael Adam at TRIUMF, Vancouver, Canada, dissertation title “Synthesis, Evaluation, and Application of New Ligands for Radiometal Based Radiopharmaceuticals”, 05/2009 – 04/2014.
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry): Honours, co-op, with distinction, University of Victoria, Canada, 09/2003 - 04/2009.
- TRIUMF, undergraduate research chemist, Life Science and Medicinal Chemistry Division, radiopharmaceuticals, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 05/2008 - 08/2008.
- University of Victoria, Dr. Matthew G. Moffitt, summer NSERC USRA research chemist, nano materials, Victoria, BC, Canada, 05/2007 - 08/2007.
- TRIUMF, undergraduate research chemist, Life Science and Medicinal Chemistry Division, radiopharmaceuticals, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 09/2006 - 12/2006.
- AXYS Analytical, analytical chemist, Sidney, BC, Canada, 05/2006 - 08/2006.